Key to the Bridging Team success is the fact that people with lived-experience of poverty – called Catalysts – serve as our tour guides as we negotiate together the gap between poverty and privilege in our community.
And so, we support every Catalyst.
- $25 for every Bridging Team they attend.
- $17.50/hr as Facilitation Trainees/Storytellers
- $20/hr as co-Facilitators of a Bridging Team.
While most of the Catalysts also receive some form of Social Assistance, these payments serve to “top up” their monthly income towards a living, stable, income.
100% of your donation to the Catalyst Fund will go to support under-resourced people’s participation in Bridges Peterborough programs.
Three ways to Donate:
- Subscribe to our Patreon offering (arriving early in 2022) to receive stories, blogs, videos, podcasts about the revolution of kindness Bridging Teams have joined.
- Donate by cheque. Individuals who require a charitable receipt, please make your donation cheque out to “Greenwood United Church” with ‘Catalyst Fund’ in the memo line. (Greenwood United Church is a joint-venture partner with Bedford House in the Bridging Team project. Charitable Registration Number 118887355 RR0001)
Send cheques to: 737 Donwood Drive, Peterborough, ON K9L 1G6
- Join Our Monthly Giving Program Monthly Giving is a very easy and effective way that you can help support the Catalysts. It allows you to break up your gift into smaller increments with one tax receipt at the end of the year. It’s flexible and can be cancelled at any time. Monthly giving also provides the Catalysts with a dependable source of funding which helps plan for the future. We can process your gift through direct withdrawal from your bank account.
You can sign up today for monthly giving online by contacting Allan Smith-Reeve by phone at 705-957-2391.
Our goal is to support the Catalysts journey with $2,000 each month.
We appreciate any donation to help us reach this goal.